It is intresting to know the world first Mobile Phone that has been launched to make our future much better. Communication through mobile Phone get easy and it has so many benefits to use. In today’s world no one can rely without a mobile phone, someone has smartphone that is more advanced phone, someone has normal phones. It is mainly used to communicate to anyone anywhere in the world. You can easily communicate to anyone relatives, friends, family, official sources anyone. A mobile phone, cell phone, cellphone, or hand phone, sometimes shortened to simply mobile, cell or just phone, is a portable telephone that can make and receive calls over a radio frequency link while the user is moving within a telephone service area.
In era of 2000 mobile phones are widely used for other services, such as text messaging, MMS, email, Internet access, short-range wireless communications (infrared, Bluetooth), business applications, video games, and digital photography. Mobile phones offering only those capabilities are known as feature phones; mobile phones which offer greatly advanced computing capabilities are referred to as smartphones. Smartphone are more advanced mobile phones with great features that give pleasure also. Invention of mobile phone used to be very useful for today generation, as today it become the necessity of every human being to have a mobile. Let’s move on further to know its inventor, first Mobile phone in world and much more.
Motorola DynaTAC ; The first commercially available mobile phone
Motorola DynaTAC was the first commercially available mobile phone in 1983 by Martin Cooper of Motorola made the publicized handheld mobile phone call on a prototype DynaTAC model on April 3, 1973. DynaTAC was an abbreviation of “Dynamic Adaptive Total Area Coverage”. It takes roughly 10 hours to charge its battery full, and it offered 30 minutes of talk time. It also offered an LED display for dialing or recall of one of 30 phone numbers. This is a reenactment in 2007. However this was not the first, the first handheld mobile phone was demonstrated by John F. Mitchell and Martin Cooper of Motorola in 1973, using a handset weighing c. 2 kilograms (4.4 lbs). In 1979, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone (NTT) launched the world’s first cellular network in Japan.
About Motorola DynaTAC
The Motorola DynaTAC was the first commercially available mobile phone in 1983 by Martin Cooper of Motorola. DynaTAC is a series of cellular telephones manufactured by Motorola, Inc. from 1983 to 1994. It also offered an LED display for dialing or recall of one of 30 phone numbers. At the launch of its time, it was priced at $3,995 or ₹ 277,472.72 in Indian rupee in 1984, its commercial release year, equivalent to $9,634 or ₹ 672,602.22 Indian Rupee in 2019. After that, Several models followed, starting in 1985 with the 8000s, and continuing with periodic updates of increasing frequency until 1993’s Classic II. The DynaTAC was replaced in most roles by the much smaller Motorola MicroTAC when it was first introduced in 1989, and by the time of the Motorola StarTAC’s release in 1996, it was obsolete.
Specifications of Motorola DynaTAC – the world first Mobile Phone
|Price||$3,995 or ₹ 277,472.72|
|SIM card size||Mini Sim – Regular|
|Dimensions (H/L/W)||3300 x 898 x 445 mm, vol. 1318710 cm³|
|Time GSM (talk/stand-by)||0.5 / 8 hrs. (0.3d)|
IBM Simon – World first Touchscreen Phone
|First Release||August 16, 1994|
|Predecessor||Angler (code name)|
|Successor||Neon (code name)|
|Dimensions||8 in (200 mm) H 2.5 in (64 mm) W 1.5 in (38 mm) D|
|Mass||18 oz (510 g)|
|Operating system||Datalight ROM-DOS|
|CPU||NEC V30HL, 16 MHz, 16-bit, 8086-compatible CPU as part of Vadem VG230 System on a chip|
|Memory||1 MB (2 × HM658512LTT PSRAM)|
|Storage||1 MB of NOR Flash expanded to 2 MB by Stacker compression + 32KB BIOS NOR Flash|
|Data inputs||Microphone Touchscreen with stylus|
|Display||4.5 in × 1.4 in (114 mm × 36 mm), 160 × 293 pixel CGA monochrome backlit LCD|
Generations of mobile phones
- 1st Generation : After the world first Mobile Phone launched in world, there was a great competion in providing great facilities of phone. DynaTAC was the first commercially available mobile phone that supports 1st generation far more simultaneous calls but still used analog cellular technology.
- 2nd Generation : In 1991, the second-generation (2G) digital cellular technology was launched in Finland by Radiolinja on the GSM standard. This sparked competition in the sector as the new operators challenged the incumbent 1G network operators.
- 3rd Generation : Ten years later, in 2001, the third generation (3G) was launched in Japan by NTT DoCoMo on the WCDMA standard. This was followed by 3.5G, 3G+ or turbo 3G enhancements based on the high-speed packet access (HSPA) family, allowing UMTS networks to have higher data transfer speeds and capacity.
- 4th Generation : By 2009, it had become clear that, at some point, 3G networks would be overwhelmed by the growth of bandwidth-intensive applications, such as streaming media. Consequently, the industry began looking to data-optimized fourth-generation technologies, with the promise of speed improvements up to ten-fold over existing 3G technologies. The first two commercially available technologies billed as 4G were the WiMAX standard, offered in North America by Sprint, and the LTE standard, first offered in Scandinavia by TeliaSonera.
- 5th Generation : Now the 5G connections is started arriving phones for more fast access to network. Smartphone companies are now making 5g smartphone to give faster network experience. Some of the upcoming 5g handsets are from Oneplus 7 and Oneplus 7 Pro, Huawei and Samsung foldable phone, Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G device etc.
Features of having a Mobile Phone
There is lot of features of having a Mobile phone with you. No one can access without smartphones nowadays, as it not possible. Lets know some of its features-
- It makes users able to connect through friends, family, relatives from anywhere in this world anytime. As you connect through calling and stay in touch with your loved ones.
- Now the mobiles has video calling features also that is able to communicate face to face vision from anywhere in this world anytime.
- You can attend you office meeting through internat calling anywhere in this world.
- Smartphone have internet conntivity that helps us to surf web, watch movies online, gain knowledge and experience every possible thing with internet.
- You can play your favourite games, listen to you loveable tunes, watch videos on your smartphone screen.
As there are soo many different types of features having a smartphone with us. It is easy to use in day to day life and makes our life also as kuch as possible easy to live. As we can communicate anytime to our friends and family. However there are some drawbacks also. Everyone invention has some great advantages as well as there are disadvantages of that invention. We have tried to give you details of having smartphone with you and now everyone know it’s importance.
First 10 Mobile phones
Nokia’s first ‘handheld’ mobile phone, the Mobira Cityman 900, launched in 1989 and weighed just 800g – a huge improvement over 1982’s 9.8kg Mobira Senator model.
|Motorola DynaTAC – 1983||10 hours charge-30 minutes talk|
|Mobira Cityman 900 – 1987||The Cityman 900 has a total weight of 760 g. The phone measures 183 x 43 x 79 mm|
|Nokia 6110 – 1997||Three games: Memory, Snake, Logic |
Calculator, clock and calendar
Works as a pager
Profile settings 4 colours
|Motorola StarTAC’s – 1997||Inspired by the communicator from Star Trek, this bad boy was the world’s first clamshell handset. Another first for Motorola.|
|Nokia 5110 – 1998||Dimensions : 48 x 132 x 31 mm |
Battery : 900 mAh NiMH
Display : 47 x 84 B/W
|BlackBerry 850 – 1999||The BlackBerry 850 was the first handset released under the BlackBerry brand. Ten years later, RIM would be crowned the fastest growing company on the planet. And we all know what happened post-2010.|
|Nokia 3310 – 2000||It sold very well, being one of the most successful phones with 126 million units sold worldwide, and being one of Nokia’s most iconic devices.|
|Nokia 3390 – 2000||The 3390 uses 1900MHz GSM technology and is offered by various carriers in the US and Canada.|
|Motorola Razr – 2005||The Motorola Razr was a series of mobile phones by Motorola, part of the 4LTR|
|BlackBerry Pearl – 2006||Featured a full QWERTY keyboard, a trackball to help navigate (because touchscreens weren’t a thing yet), push email (arguably the only reason you’d get a smartphone during this era|